Collier Stevens inspected, specified and managed a programme of external repair and decoration works at a purpose-built development.
External repairs and redecoration – Canterbury
Collier Stevens inspected, specified and managed a programme of external repair and decoration works at a purpose-built development. Our project management service included the redesign of defective external construction details, financial control and liaison with residents and third parties.
The works were subject to section 20 consultation process of the Landlord & Tenant Act. The consultation process formed a part of our instructions.
We provided design, specification and project management services for the extension and refurbishment of a community centre in Surrey.
Community Hall extension and alterations
Collier Stevens provided design, specification and project management services for the extension, internal alteration and refurbishment of a community centre in Surrey. We incorporated enhancements to meet Equality Act obligations.
This was a comprehensive programme of external repair and redecoration to two high value residential apartment blocks.
External Repair and refurbishment – Knightsbridge
This was a comprehensive programme of repair and redecoration to two high value residential apartment blocks in central London. This included inspection, specification, tendering and project management. Particular challenges were the negotiation of scaffold licences with neighbouring occupiers and complicated access over an operating restaurant to allow access to the rear elevation.
Planning building or refurbishment works and need professional help?
Collier Stevens provides a range of services to support your building projects, from a comprehensive building and contract management service to a range of more bespoke services. Generally, we undertake management of building projects in the range £25,000 to £250,000 for commercial and public sector clients, most commonly overseeing freeholder’s obligations to maintain and repair their residential blocks. We do not provide a building project contract management service to domestic clients.
Where the project is more complicated in nature, even if it is of relatively low value, we will often work as part of a team with, or engage, other professionals, including Quantity Surveyors, Structural Engineers and Architects.
Our full scope encompasses all or some of the following:
- Site inspection, survey and reporting
- The preparation of a specification or schedule of works
- Preparation of accompanying drawings where required
- Advice as to tender process, contract and suitable contractors (including obtaining references where necessary)
- Tendering the work, receiving tenders and reporting
- Appointing a contractor and drawing up contract documents
- Contract management
- Overseeing works on site including quality management and cost control
- Issuing necessary contract documentation
- Chairing and convening project meetings
- Taking ‘practical completion’, snagging the works and overseeing snagging completion
- Agreement of final account.
Additional Project Services
Whilst we will need to carry out at least some of the above elements of work, there are a range of other services that are occasionally required, including:
- Advice as to lease obligations for repair prior to preparing a specification
- Preparation and service of consultation documents (Section 20 notices) under the landlord and tenant act
- Receiving observations and advising our clients accordingly
- Considering and advising upon budgets and work scheduling
- Considering planning and building regulation obligations
- Considering neighbour disputes including party wall matters
- Considering the design of work from a disabled access perspective
- Attending residents meetings.
If you think we can help you, its often best to start with a conversation with one of our experts. To find our more, call us and talk to a surveyor about your requirements — London 020 8295 1200 or Kent 01303 239000.