Fixed fee Party Wall Notice & Award
What work is suitable for this service?
- Most residential extensions
- Most residential loft conversions
- Most residential works on the line of junction
- Removal of chimney breasts
- Inserting steelwork into the party wall
What work is not suitable for this service?
- Most basements
- Work that is complicated in nature
- Work where there is an existing neighbourly dispute
- Commercial development
What we will do
- Preparation and service of notices as required under sections 1, 3 or 6 of the Party Wall etc. Act. The notices will be accompanied by an explanatory letter to your neighbour.
- If 14 days after the date of notice you, or we, have not heard from your neighbours, then a dispute is deemed to have arisen, and a Party Wall Agreement or Award will be required under the provisions of the Act. Your neighbours will need to appoint a surveyor. At that stage, we shall proceed as your surveyor to prepare that Agreement and liaise with your neighbour’s surveyor.
- Liaison with your neighbours or their surveyor
- Preparation of Schedule of Condition
- Preparation of Party Wall Agreement or Award
- Publication of a professionally prepared Party Wall Agreement or Award
Where do we offer this service?
This service is available in most of London, throughout Kent and parts of Surrey and Essex.
What you will need to do
You will need to send us a signed letter of authority to act before we can send notices. We shall send a copy to you for you to sign and return to us.
We will ask you for the necessary information. We will not prepare drawings or undertake any design work — this is your responsibility. You will need to send us drawings and details of your proposed work. This might include structural calculations and designs. If your scheme is not fully prepared or changes, this will cause delays, and we may need to charge for additional time.
For excavation work, if we do not have a drawing and section showing the depth and location of your excavation, we cannot serve the notice.
How much is a Party Wall Award?
For acting as Building Owner’s Surveyor and preparing and issuing Party Wall Notices and a Party Wall Award, we will charge a fixed fee depending on location. Usually, this will be between £795 (for very local matters) and £995 plus VAT. These costs are per neighbour, so if there are two neighbours, the cost will be more. Where we can mitigate costs, we will. A discounted fee may be possible for additional work such as preparing and issuing further Party Wall Notices and a second and other additional Party Wall Award to different neighbours. We will provide a firm quote for our work before we start.
Our fee is valid for acting as “Building Owner’s Surveyor” only. Additional charges will apply for acting as Agreed Surveyor. In most cases, if you choose to have Collier Stevens act as an Agreed Surveyor, there is an additional cost of £200 plus VAT per Award.
If additional involvement or attendance is required after the Award or Agreement is served, then our usual hourly rate will apply. Our fee excludes any time after service of Awards. We will confirm this with you before incurring costs.
We shall need to check at the Land Registry to confirm ownership details. Each enquiry will be charged additionally at £8 plus VAT per document.
You will additionally be responsible for the costs of your neighbour’s surveyor — these may be more than ours.
Take a look at one of our in depth Party Wall case studies here.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of this offer at any time.
Collier Stevens were commissioned by the building owners to act as party wall surveyor for a loft conversion and rear outrigger extension in South London.
Building Owner’s Surveyor – Loft Conversion (London)
Collier Stevens were the Building Owner’s Surveyor, for a loft conversion and rear outrigger extension in South London. Notifiable work included raising the party wall, internal alterations and structural steels being place in the party wall.
Get in touch to see how we can help you with loft conversions and party wall matters.
We were commissioned to act as Building Owner’s Surveyor in London for construction of a side and rear extension to the boundary line.
Building Owner’s Surveyor – Rear & Side Extension in London
Collier Stevens were the Building Owner’s Surveyor – our client was constructing a single storey rear extension to his detached thirties house in London. Party Wall – Notices were required for building on the boundary line and adjacent excavation for foundations and to reduce ground levels.
Get in contact with us today to help with your own party wall issues.