We acted as Building Owner’s Surveyor, for a complicated scheme of demolition and reconstruction of a neighbouring property.
Building Owner’s Surveyor – Complex Adjacent Building Work in Kent
Collier Stevens were the Building Owner’s Surveyor, for a complicated scheme of demolition and reconstruction of a neighbouring property requiring temporary works and the introduction of a substantial structural steel frame and columns immediately adjacent to a neighbouring property, as obliged by the Party Walls Act.
For more information on how we can help you with party walls, please get in touch.
Our clients conducted residential development near the Royal Victoria Hospital site, requiring party wall notices and agreements with neighbouring properties. We successfully reached Party Wall Awards with 14 affected neighbours, acting as Agreed Surveyor in some instances. We also completed schedules of condition for the affected buildings, allowing construction to proceed as planned.
Our clients undertook major residential development work on the former Royal Victoria Hospital site. The works involved piling near neighbouring properties, so party wall notices needed to be served, and party wall awards agreed with affected neighbours.
Party Wall Awards were agreed upon with 14 affected neighbours. Collier Stevens liaised with the surveyors appointed by neighbours and acted as Agreed Surveyor in some cases. Schedules of condition of affected buildings were completed. Construction was able to proceed on programme.
Independent chartered surveyors, Collier Stevens, specialise in Party Wall Matters. We take try to take the stress out of party wall work whether it’s your project or your neighbour’s, and make sure all the party wall paperwork is completed correctly according to the Party Wall etc Act 1996. We are members of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors and our party wall surveyors are members of the Pyramus & Thisbe Club.
What do party wall surveyors do?
- Act for building owner, advising, preparing and serving party wall notices
- Advise adjoining owner and responding to party wall notices
- Liaise with next doors surveyor, preparing and agreeing on party wall awards and agreements
- Prepare schedules of condition in relation to party wall work
- Provide general advice regarding the Party Wall etc Act 1996
Our approach is non-confrontational, recognising that the Act exists to resolve a dispute, not to create one.
Why use a Chartered Surveyor for Party Wall work?
Chartered Surveyors are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). We are regulated by RICS and we must follow certain rules and processes to maintain our membership – all giving you peace of mind that you can trust us.
- We will give you accurate, concise, clear and knowledgeable advice
- We have completed long and rigorous training to get our letters and must undertake a programme of continuous training to keep them
- We must have Professional Indemnity insurance
- You are guaranteed we have the required skills and competencies to do the job
- We act ethically and with integrity and honesty
- We manage conflicts of interest transparently
We deliver party wall services in the following areas from our local office in Folkestone:
Folkestone, Cheriton; Morehall; Park; Harvey West; Harvey Central; Harbour; East; and Foord, Tontine Street, Radnor Park, East Cliffe, The Leas, Folkestone West, The Bayle, Sandgate, Golden Valley, Sandgate Road, Newington, Peene, Hawkinge, Crete Road East, Crete Road West, Encombe, Shorncliffe Camp, Acrise, Densole, Lyminge