This was a detailed survey on behalf of a prospective purchaser of a bungalow constructed in the mid-1960s in Kent.
Building survey of bungalow, Kent
Our client had particular concerns regarding the performance and expected life of the large flat roof and wished to understand the costs of modernisation. Our survey also identified the presence of asbestos board in various locations and irregularities with the plumbing installation.
If you’re in need of your own building survey, please get in touch with us.
Our client acquired a neglected block of four conversion flats in Folkestone and needed a planned and preventative maintenance inspection and survey to plan necessary works and a service charge budget. We conducted an inspection, and prepared a maintenance schedule with cost estimates over five years for service charge assessment and contractor tendering.
Our client had recently acquired the freehold of a neglected block of four conversion flats in Folkestone. The four conversion flats had not been well maintained. A planned and preventative maintenance (PPM) inspection and a survey were required to determine the necessary works and prepare a service charge budget.
Collier Stevens reviewed the lease and identified the extent of the freeholder’s repairing responsibility. We made a site inspection and prepared a maintenance schedule identifying necessary works. These were then costed and prioritised over a five-year period enabling the freeholder to assess the probable service charges. The schedule was subsequently used as the basis of a specification and tender process for contractors.
Moving home or buying or letting a commercial property in Folkestone? Collier Stevens is a local independent firm of Chartered Building Surveyors. Our building inspection and property survey services include:
- Level 3 residential building surveys
- Level 2 homebuyer reports and property surveys
- Structural surveys, property inspections and reports of commercial premises
- Schedules of condition
- Defect diagnosis and resolution
- Surveys of all commercial and non-residential premises
- Complete the online form for a FREE, no-obligation quote for your survey or call us on 01303 239000
Why use a Chartered Surveyor?
Chartered Surveyors are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Collier Stevens are independent chartered surveyors, who are regulated by RICS and we must follow certain rules and processes to maintain our membership – all giving you peace of mind that you can trust us.
- Our building surveys and homebuyer reports are accurate, concise and clear
- We have completed long and rigorous training to get our letters and must undertake a programme of continuous training to keep them
- We must have Professional Indemnity insurance
- You are guaranteed we have the required skills and competencies to do the job
- We act ethically and with integrity and honesty
- We’re not selling other services, like mortgages for example
- We manage conflicts of interest transparently
We cover the following areas from our local office in Folkestone:
Folkestone, Cheriton; Morehall; Park; Harvey West; Harvey Central; Harbour; East; and Foord, Tontine Street, Radnor Park, East Cliffe, The Leas, Folkestone West, The Bayle, Sandgate, Golden Valley, Sandgate Road, Newington, Peene, Hawkinge, Crete Road East, Crete Road West, Encombe, Shorncliffe Camp, Acrise, Densole, Lyminge